Shinobi Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world is new and life is growing, become the greatest ninja to ever live!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cloud Strife
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Cloud Strife

Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] Empty
PostSubject: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyMon May 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] Tumblr_inline_n0r6ce5p961rmafmi

The armored man sat lazily in a tree, high above the rest of the companions in Konoha. He watched closely down on the young Uchiha who trained so vigorously underneath in the plain below. It had been a little while since he had become the ANBU Captain. There was a need for a new member of his squad and through all the details and as he moved through the other candidates, this chunin came to mind. "Kumagawa isn't it?" The blonde man jumped from the tree and landed softly on the ground about 10 kms from the Uchiha.

Cloud stood a little taller than Kumagawa, his ANBU armor exposed, while his left arm had a long sleeve the right one had no sleeve at all and exposed the ANBU tattoo on his wide arm. "I'm Cloud Strife, the ANBU Captain of Konoha. It's a please to meet a Uchiha in his own right." It had not been long since he faced an Uchiha in battle, in fact it always seemed that he was on the opposing team from the strong eyed clan. However this was a different time and a different era.
Back to top Go down
Kumagawa
Chunin
Chunin
Kumagawa

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyMon May 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Kumagawa would turn to see someone had arrived to interrupt his little training session. It looked to be the Anbu Captain. Kuma already knew who he was due to the high number of Uchiha within the Anbu. With his trademark smirk he would turn towards Cloud and bow in respect. It wasn't everyday a guy like him, the failure of the Uchiha clan as he was so lovingly referred to would be in audience of a shinobi like Cloud.

"To what do I owe the honor. Mr.Strife" Kumagawa asked carefully choosing his words.

Kumagawa had already put away his shurikens and kunai as just earlier before Cloud's descent Kuma had been training his shuriken jutsu. Currently he was working on creating a new technique, something that would prove useful in battle. As glad as he was to see the Anbu, he wasn't exactly sure how long the man had been watching and if he saw what Kuma was doing.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Strife
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Cloud Strife

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyMon May 23, 2016 10:52 pm

A respectful bow had greeted him, good, at least the boy knew manners and who the superior was. Some Uchihas never got that through their heads. "Please the honor is mine, you see young Uchiha. I have been recruiting personally shinobi for a new squad unit I am trying to figure up. One that I want you to be a part of."' Cloud's began to walk in a slow circle around the Uchiha, his eyes figured upon him as he did so.

"But from what I see, you lack a certain passion, something that makes your brethren advanced. I know it sounds cruel and maybe even sinister but you lack a killer instinct."
Back to top Go down
Kumagawa
Chunin
Chunin
Kumagawa

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 12:05 am

Kumagawa kept his smile. He wasn't exactly the most ecstatic to hear that he lack killer instinct. Maybe this was why his parents gave up on him over his sister. Was it because he lacked this trait? Kuma wondered, was there a way he could get this trait? Or was he doomed to forever be in his little sister's shadow?

Either way it didn't matter what did matter was that someone of Cloud's status was talking to Kuma. So Kuma paid attention to what the man said. " I see... I am humbled that you thought of me to join your squad, and while I thank you for your kindness or rather bluntness in saying I lack things such as killer instinct. However I make up for it with a perseverance that won't lose to anyone and a will of fire that will burn brighter than any other Uchiha." Kuma said with his smile turning into a smirk of pride. He had to remind himself, he was still a chunin, maybe a old one but there were still people who couldn't get this far. People who had families that trained with them or a sensei that worked with them. He didn't have that, he got this far solely on his own power. He took pride that he got himself where he was.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Strife
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Cloud Strife

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 12:16 am

There was an interested face that struck across the blonde's expression as Kuma spoke of how he had a Will of Fire that would burn brighter than any other Uchiha. "Oh really? A perseverance that you won't be beat by anyone.. Care to put that to the test?" It was a strange way to do it, but Cloud needed a measurance of the skill he was to be working with. Regardless of how he did, Cloud would take the Uchiha into his group, into the ANBU.

"If you pass this test, tonight we will induct you into the trainee program. There I will teach you how the ANBU operate, you will perform various missions. You sure you want this?" It was a blunt way to ask if this man was ready to kill, violate, and steal for the sake of Konohagakure. That was the ANBU Will of Fire.
Back to top Go down
Kumagawa
Chunin
Chunin
Kumagawa

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 12:05 pm

Kuma didn't say anything initially. He just nodded, mentally he was preparing himself whatever test the Anbu was going to throw at him. Kuma wasn't exactly sure what kind of test he was going to be given. He also felt like his words were slightly misconstrued. Kuma said that his tenacity wouldn't lose to anyone not that he wouldn't lose to anyone, but he felt that if he said that it would ruin the moment.

"What's the test?" he asked
Back to top Go down
Cloud Strife
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Cloud Strife

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] Tumblr_inline_mkxo95uyS91qz4rgp

"Grab a hold of my arm." Cloud said as he moved towards Kuma, too where he was just a few feet from him. Once the Uchiha took a hold to him the entire world around them had turned red and sucked into themselves. For a brief second it was as though it was impossible to breath and suffocation was inevitable. Then in the same instance, it was all over and air rushed back into their lungs. The air was different, as though it had a salt to it.

Before long, they were out in the open and the ocean was in view with the beach. "This is the outskirt of the Land of Fire. Right on the coast line." Cloud said with the wind screening across his face, causing his blonde hair to flutter. He awaited for Kuma to speak.
Back to top Go down
Kumagawa
Chunin
Chunin
Kumagawa

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:07 pm

Kuma would do as the man instructed. Grabbing the man's arm he would watch as the world began to distort. Though most times he would be nervous, right now his remained calm. If he couldn't do this he definitely would fail whatever test the man had thought up. It wasn't long before he could smell the salty air of the ocean.

He let go of the man's arm as he looked out at the ocean. Sure enough they were at the coast line of Konohagakure. Turning back towards Cloud he asked, "So what exactly is the test? It would be incorrect of me to assume that you brought me here to take in the sights." Kuma said. He remained completely alert though, his stance remained wide and his breathing was steady. As he wasn't sure what the man had in mind, Kuma had to be ready to anticipate an attack. No matter which direction it came from.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Strife
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Cloud Strife

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:13 pm

What was the test that Cloud had prepared for Kuma. What exactly was it that they had to do on the coast. "There is a target here. In that small cot, with the two guards. There is reported to be two more men traveling with him. I had a platoon on his tail but pulled the team off once Genko, the man, settled into his cot. I wanted to save it for you.." Cloud pulled a small katana from his back. It was hidden besides the huge blade that he forever carried wit him.

The katana being the typical ANBU standard. "We are here to kill him. Better yet, the guards are my duty and you are gonna kill him." Cloud pulled a picture from his wallet and held it out. It was an old man, a white beard, skinny as a rail with sunglasses and a smile on his face in the picture. "Still in on the deal." He unsheathed one of his special encrypted kunia and looked deep into Kuma's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kumagawa
Chunin
Chunin
Kumagawa

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Kumagawa looked at the katana that Cloud had produced. His mind raced, wondering if he the Uchiha failure could complete such a request. He didn't feel anything about the part of killing a target, he was a shinobi. Taking lives came with the territory. Kumagawa looked at Cloud and gave his usual smirk.

"Is that all? I expected something little more... difficult." he said still as alert as ever.

He stood there scanning the picture. An old man? why did they need to take care of a person like this? What threat could he pose to the village? It didn't matter though, it was a mission assigned to him. For a shinobi, a chance to become a Anbu especially an Uchiha like him there was no greater honor. Putting aside his own personal feelings about ending the life of an old man he looked at Cloud in the eyes.

"I shall undertake this mission." he said, his voice filled with conviction.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Strife
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Cloud Strife

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:43 pm

I shall undertake the mission.."

A convicted voice met him with a small smirk. "Well then, it's gonna happen fast. When you get the old man in your eye sight, you kill him. All the guards will be handled before the time comes to it." There was conviction and confidence inside of his own voice now as he pulled the kunia back behind his head. With a powerful throw, the kunia soared through the sky and Cloud quickly grabbed a hold of Kuma's arm. "Be ready!" Suddenly the suction feeling was back and red was all there was.

When they came back, Cloud's kunia entered the first guards neck and began to knock him over. They appeared directly above the body, Cloud pulling the kunia from the man's neck as he forced his other arm over and pushed Kuma hard through the straw doors. From the momentum, Cloud flipped and removed the kunia from the first guards neck and with a flip struck it into the top of the other man's head.

Cloud landed on top of the body with force and as the body hit the ground, he propelled himself off the body and unsheathed his giant sword and with a violent, bloody slash cut through the next two guards. Making a clean cut in half of both of them, blood poured from their bodies. "Kill him Kuma!" The old man backed away slowly, tears filled his eyes. "Please please...No!"
Back to top Go down
Kumagawa
Chunin
Chunin
Kumagawa

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Kumagawa nodded at Cloud when he explained that they would have to move quickly. Kuma wouldn't have it any other way. Though he smirk was still on his face, anyone who was familiar with Kuma could see that his resolve was hardened. He felt that he was prepared to do what needed to be done in order to complete the mission. Once Cloud touched Kuma, they teleported to the location in question.

When they got there Kuma watched as Cloud quickly dispatched the first two guards with frightening efficency. Kuma noted it as the power of one known as the Captain of the Konoha Anbu Black Ops. Kuma being pushed through the straw door saw the old man he was tasked to kill. The man looked up at Kuma and begged for his life. Kuma however, would not be able to heed the man's wishes.

Not wanting to draw this out and spare the man some pain, he quickly pulled a Kunai from his pocket and moved it across the man't throat. After a moment, the life would escape the man's eyes. Kuma would stand looking over at Cloud. Though his smirk was on his face, his eyes were cold.

"Was that satisfactory?" he asked calmly.

His face didn't show the mental gymnastics he went through. Sure he had killed people in the war, but never what seemed to be a defenseless man. It was a new experience, one that Kuma wasn't quite sure he would be able to get use to.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Strife
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Cloud Strife

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:44 pm

The blade drew over the man's throat as he pleaded for life, blood poured ruthlessly out of his throat as Cloud pulled a small piece of paper from his pocket. He ran it slowly over the blood, the white being transformed to the blood stain color. Kuma had a cold look on his eyes but his smirk remained on the face. Blood surrounded the entirety of the walls and slowly filled the floor of the small cot. "It'll do for now." With another swift grab, they were gone.

Close to where they originally started, Cloud and Kuma appeared in a red flash. "That man you killed, he was one of the biggest opium manufacturers and dealers that our era has seen. So many people have lost their lives because of his supply. It was a mandated mission.. What I wanted to see, was if you had the guts to kill indiscriminately for the Village. I need to know that we, Konoha, comes first. Even if I asked you to draw the blade against your own brother, I need you to follow and believe that I will never steer Konoha wrong."
Back to top Go down
Kumagawa
Chunin
Chunin
Kumagawa

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Kuma would look down at the dead man. Knowing the man's story didn't make him feel any better. Maybe he still didn't exactly like the feeling of killing a defenseless person. It was probably because he didn't know until after the fact. This assassination mission was one where Kuma was in the dark of the person whose life he was taking. That was the real scary part.

He would return his gaze back to Cloud. His gaze was direct and his body language was alert, but not threatening. "Yes... So, how did I do." Kuma asked. His mind wondering if he made the right decision. Though it was too late for second thoughts, he looked at Cloud for confirmation of whether or not he made it.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Strife
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Cloud Strife

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:46 am

"You did fine, the objective was to kill the old man. You killed the old man. No mercy, no hesitation, you ended someone you believed innocent without the doubt that Konoha was good and just. That is what I look for in my ANBU." Cloud said as he took a lean against the side of a tree. "What you'll do for the ANBU, for the Hokage, for me, it will be beyond anything you can comprehend. You will at some point ask yourself why, you will have some doubt that you may be on the wrong path, the smell of blood will at some point always be present, regardless of how many times you wash your hands.

"But I urge you Kumagawa, do not stray from the Black Ops until you are ready to cut ties completely with me. You must always know, that Konoha is just in every decision it makes and mission it sends you on. If it's not for the promotion to Hokage and you go back to being just a normal flat jacket shinobi, you are a traitor in my eyes."
His blue eyes were completely serious as he sternly stared into the boy's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kumagawa
Chunin
Chunin
Kumagawa

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] EmptySat May 28, 2016 7:56 am

The Uchiha remained silent. Personally he wasn't exactly sure how he felt about what Cloud was saying. To Kuma it sounded like a lot of propaganda, which in turn sounded like a load of shit. He thought about if he made the right choice with it. Something told him that he probably come to regret this decision, as well as the whole speech Cloud was making didn't make much sense.

The Uchiha simply looked at Cloud and nodded. His face remained blank, he was simply here for the prestige of the rank. Killing was just apart of the job description, Kuma didn't see the nobility in it like Cloud did. It was just a part of being a ninja, it wasn't exclusive to the Anbu. To Kuma Anbu was simply a title and that was all, it would allow him to further himself and allow him to achieve his dream. Staying on Cloud's good side for now was a big part of that. Only difference was that he wasn't going to have the pleasure of choosing his missions from now on.

Kuma would ignore Cloud's stare and look blankly at the Anbu captain. He would wait for the Anbu's next move before deciding if he wanted to give a verbal response or something of the like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]   Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma] Empty

Back to top Go down

Apprentices are Complicated[Kuma]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinobi Beginnings :: Konohagakure :: Village :: Training Grounds-
Jump to: